Clarendon County Speculative Building
About the Project
∨ SWMBE Contribution
∨ Completion Date
Thompson Turner Construction
Thompson Turner Construction was hired by Clarendon County to provide design-build services for the new 50,000-square- foot speculative building, designed for expansion to 200,000 square feet. The building includes:
- Structural steel and steel joist frame work supported on conventional spread footings.
- Precast concrete wall panel as exterior skin with architectural metal panel accents.
- Single slope roof of 60 mil TPO with 3-1/2” insulation over metal deck.
- Translucent wall panels installed near ceiling height in precast panels for natural interior lighting.
- Temporary interior lighting for a minimum 5 foot candles of light.
- One 50’ X 50’ X 6” concrete floor slab bay; remaining floor was termite treated / covered with 15 mil vapor barrier
- Factory-primed metal decking to aid in interior brightness along with interior painting of precast panels
- Painted exterior and sealed vertical seams between panels.